TribeCar Review

Reviews by real drivers. No fake reviews. We value bad reviews more than good reviews!

Moderators: Schweepers, Pooltodrive

sakkim

TribeCar Review

Postby sakkim » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Don`t rent their toyota wish at bukit batok carpark. It`s the black colour one.
Brakes are not working well, rather dangerous during rainy days.
There is a huge tribecar stickers at the windscreen which blocks my view as I am 1.8m tall. It`s annoying. Fuel comsumption is bad..like 8.5km/L.

Other than that, their old Altis are pretty decent. Not for fussy drivers though. 11km/L on average

heward

Re: TribeCar Review

Postby heward » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:05 am

Agreed! For tribecar, pls avoid khatib central (red Toyota altis) - when you press brake, there is a huge punching sound underneath your car, it will totally freak you out.

basically tribecar are all used car above 8 yo, and you really need to drive safely.

sakkim

Postby sakkim » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:26 am

Yeah the screeching sound when u press brake. Damn embarrassing especially when you are picking riders up. Also, u need to anticipate a longer braking distance if not u will have to hit hard on the brakes.

Jobo

Postby Jobo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:46 am

Ya man, their used cars provided are suck. Wipers with scratching noise when rain, rider feel irritated. No doubt they specified the cars are above six years, however most of it are more than eight years which I think is not really suitable for public transporting.
I think their partner, Grab should set a criteria for them for the safety of the riders as taxis only allow to the maximum of seven.

sakkim

Postby sakkim » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Jobo wrote:Ya man, their used cars provided are suck. Wipers with scratching noise when rain, rider feel irritated. No doubt they specified the cars are above six years, however most of it are more than eight years which I think is not really suitable for public transporting.
I think their partner, Grab should set a criteria for them for the safety of the riders as taxis only allow to the maximum of seven.

U talking about which car ? At which car park ?

Jobo

Postby Jobo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:13 pm

Opposite Admiralty MRT station, Mitsubishi Lancer.

John88

Postby John88 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:48 am

Jobo wrote:Opposite Admiralty MRT station, Mitsubishi Lancer.

Are you talking about the black lancer? If yes then I think we gotten the same car. The wiper is really bad and the brake can't really let you have a great control.

To add on I feel that they are a bit strict on the return timing. Upon locking the car via the web at 2mins late they charged me additional $10. T_T

Jobo

Postby Jobo » Mon May 15, 2017 11:54 am

Basically these are systems trigger platform, nothing u can do, however u can write to them & ask for wavier. I understand that Is a little frustrating with just 2 mins late. If I know it will be late if u r driving for revenues, I rather extend the hour to cover the cost. :)

Return to “Uber/Grab/Private Rental Reviews”